• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

playing doctor this morning

MrAnderson

NAXJA Forum User
morning gentlemen,

so im pulling out my sparkers to see if i can find a wet one to determine if my symptoms are being caused by a leakig injector(7-8 sec rough idle followed by 30 or so secs of a knock ONLY after she sits for an extended period) and all i found was this...
its got a tiny little wet spot on the arch... doesnt have a smell that i can detect though :(

question time:

is this the droid im looking for? i was expecting a damp plug but eh ive never done this.

can i turn the motor over by hand and any fluid thats in there will come flying out? i would suppose that i could but my only concern is that i dont know where this motor is in it cycle and if the oppisite happens, i.e. force is drawn inwards, i may get myself into trouble...

thanks as always.

oh and side q's for the genius bar, umm i could spin these all out by hand... hell one of them was wobbly. so the wobbly clearly not okay but the others being so loose?

the guy who put my new motor in did

wait a tick, i may not know much about this stuff but thatd f up my compression wouldnt it? could that have been my entire problem right there

Last edited:
If he forgot to tighten the plugs, you have to wonder what else he forgot.

What is the gap on that plug? Kind of odd appearance but maybe I'm not looking at it right.

I wouldn't think a leaky injector would cause a knocking sound on cold start but hopefully someone with injector experience will chime in. Do you have any idea as to what your fuel pressure is at the rail -- warm and after sitting?

i do not cept for basic, puffs out in the on posi and rockets out if i depress the thingy ma bob after turn it off... thats my professional statement btw, orielys has a kit for rent but with all the extra money the already pricey motor is costing i just cant rent it.

well theres a new injector in her now. got some new champion oe plugs to replace the ol ngk's i threw in way back when but im outta time(i swapped the injector in the parking lot at my work just in case bad things happened haha).

now i wait and see tonight if it was all for nothing

What is the gap on that plug? Kind of odd appearance but maybe I'm not looking at it right.

it does look quite large, ive actually picked up some oe spec ones to put in cause these look pretty ulgy... they are ngk and i put them in when i first got the jeep(the others were pretty much flat)

Did you gap them before inserting them? .035 is normal for Renix.

Back