• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

converting from closed to open system ( renix )

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
my bottle finally cracked and i am thinking about converting to a Open system

can some1 tell me exact parts needed to pull from a donor car and how much should i pay at the JY ( i dont wanna get ripped )

mine is a 89 auto trans if that matters

over flow bottle, hose from radiator to over flow bottle, radiator from open loop system.... and that's it. Just gotta figure out a ay to make everything fit. Mine isn't pretty but it works and fit usin the open system bracket and a self taping screw

On a renix if you change the radiator you need to adapt something for the stock E Fan.If you just get a cap adapter inline fitting you save some $ and all you need to do is go to J Yard and look for a coolant tank.I used one from aNissan or something like that.It was small and had a straight section on it to bolt to where the stock air box used to be....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moroso-6374...Parts_Accessories&hash=item461ae5495b&vxp=mtr

Back