• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can i get a coolant bottle for a Renix

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
mine finally cracked but i made it home ( lucky me ) there is a hairline crack across the bottle

i really dont wanna buy a used 1 form JY, so where is the cheapest place i can get one? i prefer locally

thanks

Go to your local Carquest/Napa. IF they do not have it in stock, they can order it.

just went to oreillys and got this bottle with cap for 33$

thanks

This.

We were at the Crawl in Kentucky last year and the one on my MJ started weeping...The Oreilly's there had one in stock...the Oreilly's was as big as the walmart there if that tells you how small the town is.

If I remember right, when I had my 90 Laredo (bot new back in the day), we replaced those with metal ones off of Triumph TR 7's or some odd ball car like that. There were right size and shape and hooked right up. Made of brass if I remember. Never had a pressure leak again. Wish I was more certain, but you Renix guys might poke around some Triumph parts sources and check out what is there. Reason I am thinking that, I had the XJ and two Triumphs at the time. But that was twenty whatever years ago.

change the bottle for one from a mid 90's mopar. Different shape, but you only have to drill 2 holes to mount it and it has a real pressure cap...

x2.

I have heard of reliability issues with the dorman units

I spent the extra money on an aluminum one I found online. I forget the brand but it's a bolt in piece and uses a standard radiator cap.

Hindsight tells me I should have just converted to an open system a long time ago. I'm just waiting for my cooling system to need some work to have an excuse to go ahead with it.

Back