• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1995 Cherokee AC clutch and Cooling Fan Problems

bamoffthelip

NAXJA Forum User
1995 XJ 4.0 AT
My AC is not blowing cold. Blower motor works fine. The trouble codes show 33 - AC Clutch relay, and 35 - Cooling Fan Relay.

I checked the cooling fan and both relays and they appear good. I checked the voltage to the cooling fan relay and there is no voltage to the relay when the AC switch is turned on. No obvious wiring faults. All fuses appear OK. This problem surfaced after my starter went out and I am afraid I might have messed up some wiring while diagnosing the starter problem.
Also, I jumped the relay contacts for the cooling fan and AC clutch and got each of them to turn on by doing so. So, it appears my AC switch is not powering up the cooling fan and AC clutch relays, right?

I am stuck now about where to look to find out why there is no voltage to the cooling fan relay. I understand (correctly?) that the AC switch powers up the cooling fan relay along with the AC clutch. Any ideas? Is there somewhere I can get a wiring diagram of the AC switch and control?

Last edited:
Back