• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$28 for 6 NGK V-Powers?

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
96 Cherokee inline 6 4.0 and went to NAPA to get the recommended NGK plugs. His computer pulled up the NGK 7252 (FR5-1) and charged me $28 for 6 of em.

Price seemed a little high so I'm wondering.. is this is the right plug for my truck? Thanks.

Those are the correct ones, I just installed a new set this weekend. Price seems a little high at $4/plug. I've seen them online from $2-$4 but then you gotta add shipping.

Those are the correct ones, I just installed a new set this weekend. Price seems a little high at $4/plug. I've seen them online from $2-$4 but then you gotta add shipping.

Let us know how those FR5-1 plugs work for you. Others have tried them and they didn't work very good.

I think you'll find that the FR5-1 plugs are really not for the 4.0 engine, like the NGK website states. You're better off using NGK ZFR5N plugs if you want to use NGK plugs.

So far so good. My idle is better than with the Champions they replaced (all 6 came out with 0.036"-0.038" gaps).

Back