• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ridgco rear bumpers...

Tony_SS

NAXJA Supporting Vendor
If you have one can you post a picture? There is nothing on his site, and last time he emailed me, I was told the info was not correct.

I love the design of his work and am in the market for a rear bumper that can act as a hitch too. Pics please, before I go bothering Terry for some.. Thanks

Ok, Im usually pretty good about finding stuff, but I cannot find where Ridgco bumpers are sold.......am I missing something. :(

Terry, the owner, hasn't quite embraced the whole 'Internet' phenomenon yet. Its best just to give him a call.

And then wait.

Last edited:
I willl have to look to see if I have pictures. I towed an enclosed Uhaul trailer from MA to CA with the bumper and didn't have any issues. It is a great bumper. The only thing is I welded some reinforcements to keep the spare tire carrier from swaying.

I willl have to look to see if I have pictures. I towed an enclosed Uhaul trailer from MA to CA with the bumper and didn't have any issues. It is a great bumper. The only thing is I welded some reinforcements to keep the spare tire carrier from swaying.

Need pics of these reinforcements. I'm planning to add a second swing arm pivot point after I get JCR quarter guards. Plan to jump a piece of tube off of it and put a bushing in there to basically make the arm have two points to prevent deflection and rattle. As it is it doesn't rattle much.

vanu5ate.jpg

In the process of putting it back together. Had it all off to tub out the rear fenders. Don't mind the gap on the cut rear quarter, that was due to my cut and weld, not the bumper end cap. That was straight before I cut the rust out.

I also beefed up the mounting system, not that it was needed. I had cracks in the rear frame, and after welding them up I didn't play around. I cut the frame rails open at the rear, slid 2x4x1/8" box in, with nutserts inside, an welded those to the rigidco brackets, basically sandwiched the frame. Plan to add some stringers from the end caps back to the frame rails.

He barely does the internet thing... but wow he can build bumpers. Give him a call. i have his front FBG, I modified it to have a super lo pro winch too.

I love his front and am sold on one.

The rear, I don't know.. not sure I want to cut and fold, but I do want that clearance.

I dont like the look of the the unfinished/unprotected lower quarters.

I have this rear bumper and tire carrier, but so far I have only installed the actual bumper minus the quarter-panel pieces. I still need to cut and fold the quarters in order to mount the quarter panel armor and the Tire carrier. The bumper itself is pretty stout.

He barely does the internet thing... but wow he can build bumpers. Give him a call. i have his front FBG, I modified it to have a super lo pro winch too.

I did the same. As long as you can weld, I prefer the way my bumper looked over his actual winch bumper.

I love his front and am sold on one.

The rear, I don't know.. not sure I want to cut and fold, but I do want that clearance.

I dont like the look of the the unfinished/unprotected lower quarters.

X2

Really like the Rigidco front bumper I have. It is well made and strong. Terry even modified the bumper to fit my needs. However like you, I did not like the "unfinished look" of some rear bumpers on the late model XJ. I purchased a Detours Slimline rear bumper. Fits like a glove and has a nice finished look IMHO. The are pricey and you may have to wait for it. I still use the original factory tow hitch. I bought the smooth style with the optional tire carrier.

FWIW I have no financial interest in either company.

Link: http://www.detoursusa.com/xjbumper.php

Back