• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel adapters

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased a new set of Raceline beadlocks for my Jeep. I bought them in 5x5.5 because my 609 front axle project will be 5x5.5 lug pattern. my current front axle is 5x4.5. I am going to purchase a set of wheel adapters for now. Spidertrax has them in 1.25'' and Synergy has them in 1.5''. Too me 1.5" seems like a lot of spacer. Is it? Also, what is a good brand of wheel adapters/spacers? What are bad brands?
Thanks for the help

-----Chris

Check out ezaccessory.com. I've used 3 or 4 sets of spacers from them over the years and never had a problem. Pricing is good and they are well built/machined. 1.5" is not a problem, I ran that size for a number of years with no issue. But makes sense to me to use the shortest adapter you can get away with without the wheels interfearing since it's just temporary. No matter what ones you get use red Loctite, torque them properly, and check them once an awhile.

Here's a link to what you are looking for:
http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_5_Lug_4_5_To_5_Lug_5_5_p/5450-5550x.htm

I have a set of spidertrax adapters ( 5X4.5 to 5x5.5) I may be able to be talked out of since they've just been sitting here collecting dust fir awhile.

Whatever you get a deal on. 1/4" difference won't matter. Are you doing two, and change the rear lug pattern on the shafts, or four adapters?

Back