• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Push button start/no key

90xj_zach

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased this for the build.
It is labeled nicely, making it pretty easy, but still have questions.
When you flip up the red Ignition cover, you then flip up the toggle underneath it. By design, when you flip the cover back down, it automatically flips the toggle back down.
Does that shut the vehicle off??? Which kind of leaves me to the next question...If that doesn't kill the vehicle, what is the proper way to have a kill switch that takes place of what the key used to do? I don't have a key anymore, and everything will be on toggles. I could also wire the start button to be hot all the time.

Open for suggestions and experience.

If you flip the toggle down, it will shut off. I have a toggle and push button in my heep. Still need to make a plate for it tho.

If you flip the toggle down, it will shut off. I have a toggle and push button in my heep. Still need to make a plate for it tho.
That's what I thought when I was buying it. Then when I received it and it hit me that the red cover will be up while wheeling, I found that to be odd. If that is how it supposed to be, sounds good to me.

IMO, I'd move the Starter 12v+ to the Fused 12v+ on the ignition side.

Right now, your ignition HAS to be on in order to use the starter.

Personally, and maybe just because I have money invested into my motor, I like to run the starter for a few seconds with no ignition when my MJ sits for a while in order to build oil pressure.

IMO, I'd move the Starter 12v+ to the Fused 12v+ on the ignition side.

Right now, your ignition HAS to be on in order to use the starter.

Personally, and maybe just because I have money invested into my motor, I like to run the starter for a few seconds with no ignition when my MJ sits for a while in order to build oil pressure.

X2^^
this is how I had it on the race cars-- allowed you to build a little oil pressure and get the engine spinning before you hit the ignition. Seemed to work well for clearing flooded engines too.

Back