• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shock mounting issues

YZRacer408

NAXJA Forum User
So here's the deal I have a 5.5 inch lift on my XJ. I just finished doing an 8.8 swap over the weekend using a ruff stuff specialties simple swap kit. Now anyone familiar with this kit know the shock mounts that come in the kit are a double shear style and a stock XJ is a stud that sits perpendicular to the axle. So I made my own shock mounts to mount the same way the stock configuration is. My problem is the mounts don't hang as low as they did on the stock axle due to clearence issues so I mounted up the shock and there is about 2in of shaft showing at ride height so when I drive it now there is absolutely no up travel and I am bottoming out hard on little bumps. So my question is could I just use a shorter shock with a shorter body to make it work. At full droop it does not extend the shock all the way with the way the new shock mounts are. Btw the shocks are fox 2.0 4-6 inch lift. So I'm thinking get a shorter body shock it should work right? Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Without going through the floor, you'll need to run shorter shocks or lower axle side mounts...

I have the jks bracket. The further you lean the shocks in the crappier the ride. Mine shuffles side to side in the rear when changing lanes on the highway. Until mine is setup thru the floor my shocks are leaned pretty far in.

Back