• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

going from D35 to D44 do i need shorter drive shaft?

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 4.5 inch lift with 1 inch TC drop, will i need a shorter driveshaft? i heard mixed opinion saying that if you have a lift you might not need the DS

i have a 89 if that matters

at that height, probably not.

only way to be sure is to bolt it up, cycle the rear to full compression and look for it to be binding

I'd certainly consider doing an SYE and CV driveshaft in the rear so you can ditch the t-case drop at the same time.

i am trying to avoid "just to bolt it up and see it it fits" lol its my daily driver

will taking Tran Case drop out help it some?

Well you can measure your DS now. the 44 has the pinion 1" closer than a 35. so push it in a 1". Do you still have room for compression or is it maxed into itself? You will probably be ok, but you might need to ditch the tcase drop possibly.

Yes it will fit with no problem.I went from a D35 to a D44.I have a 7" lift on my 89. Now mine is a auto not a manual. I also have the 1" t-case drop.

Back