• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 efan, turned on by ignition

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
What's the simplest way to get the stock efan to come on when the ignition is turned on?

Mine comes on whenever i turn the A/C on.

No guarantees, but my $.02

I'm pretty sure this works for me even if the engine isn't running.

Ground out the wire to the computer for it, same as adding in an override switch except just eliminate the relay and just ground it. Once the key is turned, fans on.

You can add a relay that is triggered by the same switched power lines that run the ignition but is cold in the accessory position.

Do you have a FSM? At the very least, you will need a good aftermarket manual that has schematics you can trust.

I run the Flex-a-lite aluminium radiator with it's attendant three 10" fans. The fan on the passenger side I have wired to run with the ignition. The other two fans are jointly controlled by both the PCM and the controller for my electric water pump.

I wired the system with a few relays. Not hard at all, just time consuming.

I get asked, a great deal, why I run the one fan full time. The answer is that I wish to have air moving on that side for two reason, firstly it is the "hot" end of the radiator so that fan does the most work cooling and secondly, it provides a nice flow of air for the alternator.

The water pump is a Davies-Craig EWP-115 unit with a temperature setpoint of 90 (C) degrees. At 3(C) above the setpoint, the controller calls for fan. Thusly, the secondary fans will run in demand by temperature or by the PCM when the A/C compressor is running.

Here is a link the the Davies-Craig web site for those interested:
http://www.daviescraig.com.au/

p.s. Do not forget to use a fuse...

Last edited:
Ground out the wire to the computer for it, same as adding in an override switch except just eliminate the relay and just ground it. Once the key is turned, fans on.

Thanks

Back