• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front shock install

guillermo

NAXJA Forum User
I have some new bilstein 5100 shocks with the correct length for my lift but they are for a Ford F250. The bottom part is bigger than my current shocks but will fit in the lower mount. It has a metal center in the eyelet. If I remove the metal part, will the steel pin from the XJ fit through the bushing without any play? I saw a writeup for JK shocks on an XJ but am not sure if these shocks will work for me. Thanks

Sleeve should press out, then press in stock bar pin.

How are we supposed to know the specs on an F-250 shock?

On my new WJ bilsteins, the bushings were bonded to the shock eye and the metal sleeve. They aren't made to come out. Why didn't you get XJ shocks?

If the width is ok, but the bolt diameter is too big, why not just drill out your shock mounts to fit?

The only way I am going to make them fit is by making a custom bar pin eliminator. I just spent a few hours removing the rear sway bar and trying to use the mounts but it's not going to work. I should have bought the shocks for an XJ but I got a good deal on them.

Well, if you got them for a good price, sell or trade them for something that will work better.

Because of the weight differance between an xj and a f250, it is going to ride like a dumptruck.... just fyi

that depends entirely on the valving.

I don't know what bilstein's valving specs for that shock are for, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they were the same.

Back