• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "what can we do better thread"

i say it every year. giant pan of bacon at the registration table :D

i say it every year. giant pan of bacon at the registration table :D

You should of registered on Saturday I had Bacon, eggs and sausage on a plate :)

You should of registered on Saturday I had Bacon, eggs and sausage on a plate :)

Well dang, i must have missed it! i have nothing to nitpic the BOD and helpers did a great job.

the flags in the parking lot were a simple but brilliant addition.

yes. that was brilliance on ben and trixie's part.

something that was mentioned to me was the move away from CB's and to FRS radios.

I think it's something that should be considered, or maybe we should attempt to have a test and tune radio clinic, but we all know how well those work.

anyway, no one likes to have that one guy with a crappy radio that you can't understand from 50 feet away.

maybe a limit on how many things one person can win.

lets say 3 things, and if their ticket is pulled a 4th time for something they want more like a bumper they can turn in something they already won like a t shirt in exchange for the bumper and the shirt goes back into the raffle.

that way there is still the incentive to buy alot of tickets but the "wealth" of the raffle gets spread around more.

lets say 3 things, and if their ticket is pulled a 4th time for something they want more like a bumper they can turn in something they already won like a t shirt in exchange for the bumper and the shirt goes back into the raffle.

that way there is still the incentive to buy alot of tickets but the "wealth" of the raffle gets spread around more.

It's really a crap shoot. We all gave Bob shit for winning but that's how it goes.

Re: Re: The "what can we do better thread"

I have been on both sides of the coin, more so on the side of walking away with a t-shirt after buying $100 worth of tickets. This year is the first time I came out ahead.

This is something worth discussion.

I can say we are going to buy a tumbler to insure tickets are thoroughly mixed.

This is the first year I won something (not the bumper), but I passed it along since I didn't care about the tickets I had purchased. I been on the spend a lot and not win or hardly any, pay to play I go by. After getting the bumper from bloose, I had decided that anything other then a set of LED lights would be passed on to the next winner. The previous WF's I been at in some way, I never won anything in the raffle and I always spent a little (at least $20). In fact, this year was the first year I had a ticket drawn and it was only one. I consider it to be like playing the lottery except both the raffle presenters and at least one of the raffle ticket buyers will win.

Last edited:
The raffle thing has been an issue as long back as I can remember. I like the tumbler idea.

In the end though the more you buy the better your chances. I spent a hundred won a hundred broke even.

i was told my radio sucked. i am sorry. i had a very quality radio for a long time and a month before wf i dumped 30oz of water right into the speaker vents. it sucked and i could not fork over the 100 bucks for another so i bought the cheapo at walmart.

im not sure how FRS works but at the least maybe there should be a check on the radios. no different than the person making sure the have a full fire extinguisher they could make sure their radio works properly.

luckily for me multiple be on the orange tail i was on had my number so it was easy to find me when i was lost.

a tumbler would be nice, simply because the amount of tickets in the box was ridiculous and they clump together.

I have no issues with people that spend a ton of dough winning stuff. Want to win more stuff? Buy more tickets.

have we had a serious discussion about raising raffle ticket prices? Same odds, just less tickets to tear and sort through.

You can't limit the number of winning per person, that is stupid.
Kimmers spends the GDP of Idaho every year on tickets, this year he didn't will shit.
It is the luck of the draw.
If you want a better chance at winning, buy more tickets.

Speaking of tearing tickets apart, wow, I was just sitting at the table and seen the stock pile of tickets and decided to help. The ticket pile went down when food was served.

The only minor suggestion is for the preregistration deadline. Just would be helpful to procrastinators (who had family issues) trying to decide if they not only had a date, but time. If I was the only one caught in this issue, I wouldn't say anything. I think two others did. Next year I promise (pending I have a working Jeep) to pre register early.

Last edited:
The raffle thing has been an issue as long back as I can remember. I like the tumbler idea.

In the end though the more you buy the better your chances. I spent a hundred won a hundred broke even.

+1 damn engineers always have to be logical. spent $100 won just over $100

-The parking lot flags were an amazing idea
-The only other suggestion might be organized afternoon trail rides. I put together an orange trail ride for friday afternoon but it was kind of a pain to get a group together. if a newbie doesn't really know anyone then it is even harder to find people to wheel with in the afternoon. Might be a good option to have in case people want to join.
-CB checks were done once before (2010?) during inspections, we didn't even think about it when doing tech this year. I would prefer not to have to buy another radio just for one event as every group I wheel with besides NAXJA uses CB...

Back