• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hp44 5 lug to 8 lug

GordoSmasho

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
So I have been searching and reading for a few days regulating this conversion. Mixed results on donors and theory and parts mismatch. So I'm wondering if Naxja has better offerings on this subject. I have a hp44 with 5x5.5 patter. I will be staying with 15" rims with 4" or so back spacing. I will running an 8 lug axle in the rear and need to convert the front.

So I need a list of donors to source the parts from as well as a parts list. Ie spindles bla bla bla or just say ball joints out. Do I need the stubb shaft as well or not. Need to make sure it all clears 15" rims with some good backspacing. Thanks for your guys help.

Smasho.

Yeah I know the 3/4ton ford stuff won't work for me. Switching to 2.5" backspacing is not going to work for me. I'm already full width with this axle so I'm trying to shave every inch off I can without cutting.

We fit 15" steel wheels with 4.5" bs on my brother-in-laws dana 60, there's was some grinding involved. They have held up for 3 years since, so I'm guessing we didn't grind too much.

Back