• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Had a great time, Thanks NAXJA MidWest

Keith_Indy

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to say that I had a great time yesterday, and wish I could have stayed today. I thought registration and tech went smoother than any other event I've been to. You can tell a lot of thought and effort went into the event. Thanks to everyone who helped out with this event. The flag holders @ the drivers meeting was a great innovation.

Der Wunder Jeep did great off-road Friday on the slushy, icy green trail. I'll have video and pictures up sometime this next week. Something in the steering definitely got tweaked, as the steering wheel is now almost 180 degrees off and it pulls to the right. Guy at 4 Wheel Parts Indy thinks the steering box may have jumped a gear. I also managed to stick part of a tree root between the bead and the tire. While doing that I also sheared the valve stem off the wheel. And I dented the passenger side a little.

Good thing I went on the easy trail huh! :)

Friday night potluck was fun, and it was great getting to meet and talk with everyone I met. I told my wife when I got home, "they were typical off-roaders, diverse group of people, like one big family gathering." Food was great, loved the BBQ.

Didn't get to wheel Saturday, had to be out of the park by noon. It is my in-laws 50th anniversary tonight.

Can't wait for the next event. Hope to see you all sooner than that. We'll have to make plans. See ya next time... Keith

Was behind you when you popped the bead in my buddies cherokee. Sucked but it happens. Talked to you for a bit, cool guy was nice meeting ya.

Back