• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ seats?

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have been wanting to do something about my seats. I have a 97 country with cloth seats and the driver side is getting fairly worn out. Recovering them with leather and replacing the deteriorated foam is a lot of work and money. Finding factory tan leather seats is extremely difficult, I think I would have better luck finding the Ark of the Covenant. I have heard about using Grand Cherokee seats and I know I have always like the ZJ seats I have sat in and my girlfriend's WJ is certainly like sitting in a lazy boy.

WJ seats are out of the question since they never made a tan that would match.

I know ZJ's had a similar shade of tan thought they seem to be almost as hard to find as the XJ leather seats.

My question now is, is it possible to use the ZJ seat bases? I keep seeing people re-use the XJ bases and the bottom of the seat is still manual. If I am going to go through the trouble I want fully functioning power seats. I have a power driver seat right now and its nice.

Also if I find some with the heated seat elements in them can I just wire them up or do they have some special controller?

Back