• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to make a recirculate switch.....

Slimdude85

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I know what parts I need to make my own air recirculate switch for the hvac system ( vacuum toggle, vacuum line, maybe a tee/y). All I need is a diagram of the back of the hvac control and where each of the nipples goes to. I assume the nipples on the back correlate with where the knob us located, but assuming has gotten me into some deep $*** before. Nothing like driving by a sewage treatment plant with the heat on high, and not being able to preemptively turn on the recirc.

Why not?

I put my HVAC to max cool, to help the cabin warm up faster. My AC has not blown cold air for quite a few years. If I get the AC fixed, I lose that benefit.

Why not?

I put my HVAC to max cool, to help the cabin warm up faster. My AC has not blown cold air for quite a few years. If I get the AC fixed, I lose that benefit.

I don't think you lose that benefit. Max AC is hot when turned to hot...just like the defroster which also turns on the AC compressor.

OP should just flip it to max AC.

Running the ac turns on the compressor which, in turn, puts more load on the engine, thus using more fuel. Not to mention the fact that when max ac is turned on, temps are cooler. Not really optimal with as hard a winter as we've been having.

Running the ac turns on the compressor which, in turn, puts more load on the engine, thus using more fuel. Not to mention the fact that when max ac is turned on, temps are cooler. Not really optimal with as hard a winter as we've been having.

You'll spend more in parts than you'll save in fuel.

Back