• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with c- clips on 8.8 with aussie locker

Cburb88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So from my understanding you could push one axle in after removing cross pin and be able to get the clips out. With this locker it doesn't seem this way. I did one side but the only way I could was by wedging the ratchet teethed part of the locker open and tapping it out. Which wasn't easy it was pretty much stuck wedged in there...now were on ring gear side and there is damn near no room to do what we did on the other side which didn't seem right anyways.

Am I missing something or is this how it comes out? I sure as hell don't want to pull pinion and ring gear and whatnot. Hopefully that's not what I got to do. Any help would be great I couldn't search anything on internet. I tried to maybe pry it out where cross pin gos but it looks like there is nowhere near enough room for it to fall out that way. Thanks.

dumb question but you have pulled out the springs that hold the whole mess together right? after you pulled the one c clip you should be able to take out both locker pieces out of that same side to give some more room. then try pushing the axle shaft in to give yourself clearance to get the get the other C clip out. make sure the locker isnt moving inwards with the axle shaft, and its pushed up against the carrier.

sorry if that sounds confusing, seems a little weird trying to explain it over the internet

No I haven't tried to remove any part of the locker, I really have no clue about it. I've never messed with one. If I could remove a few pieces of it I guess it would make it easier.

You'll want to get the carrier pin and inner gears out. Not hard to do, just cup your hand over the springs when you pop them out so they don't fly out and get lost. I'm sure there are installation instructions on the net that you can Google. Just reverse the procedure for removal.

Before you take it all appart be sure that you mark everything so all the components go back in the same direction and all the mating surfaces are the same when you put it back together. Aussie also recomends that when you take it appart that you replace the springs, they are about $20.00. If you can't find anything on Google contact Aussie they will help you.

I finally found info on it. Couldn't find anything from the factory though. I removed the center parts, and really replace the springs every time? There is no way in hell haha. Hopefully should be fine.

Looks like you may have already got it but I was gonna suggest taking the inner and outer drive pates out from the side you were able to get the c-clip out of and that should give you room to work on getting the other side out.

Yea I think I got it figured out finally. Thanks.

Back