• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

USAF007 build thread

USAF007

NAXJA Forum User
Well gents, FINALLY pulled the trigger on the build. Just ordered the lift, should be here Friday, although I have drill so I wont see it until Sunday night:banghead:. Going for an Expedition/DD type rig, Jack of all trades, Master of none type of deal.
Its completely stock right now with what I'm assuming is the original shocks from 2000. haha. Thing rides like a boat right now.

Rig:
2000 black XJ sport 4.0
Chrysler 8.25 rear
135K Miles on the clock.

Plans:
Lift:
4.5" X-series RC lift
- adj. UCA's and LCA's
- Full leaf packs
Tires:
31" Goodyear Duratracs
- Currently have 235's
Bumpers
- torn between the JCR stuff or Dirtbound stuff oppinions? I'm wanting a rear tire carrier with the ability to put jerry cans and high lift on it.
Winch
- Torn between WARN, Smittybuilt or Quadratec's Qseries
- 8k-9.5k
Other:
- Smittybuilt GEAR seat covers(because they are saweet)
-Tube doors that can be taken off/swapped out easily and the factory door still seal.
- some sort of racking system in the rear to organize/tie down gear for camping/recover/survival.
-
Lighting
- Looking at some KC's maybe going LED, still reading up on this though.

anything else you guys think of?

Get a Warn 8k. Either the M8000 or that new cheap series they have.

I really like the look of dirtbounds bumpers, especially the cut and fold rears.

Tube doors are insanely expensive. Use that money to buy a welder and teach yourself. Then go to jeeptubes.com and buy a kit to make the doors yourself.

Definitely go with LED lighting. I have a set of Rigid D2s in the grille of my WJ and they are insanely bright. So many knock-offs out there for good prices.

Might as well upgrade your steering now. Currie is a good setup for your type of rig.

Throw a locker in there somewhere too. I recommend the Powertrax No-Slip in the 8.25, you'll find yourself hardly using 4WD now that both rears get traction all the time.

Gears? One of my first upgrades was 4.56 gears and the no-slip locker. Great on the highway and trails with 32" tires.

Thanks!! Hadnt heard of jeeptubes. Will look intuitive that, my dad has a welder, ill steal his:) im excited. A lot of people dog on RC but most of then don't have RC. They also have the best CS around IMHO. I've deadly with superlift, Skyjacker abs now RC. Skyjacker was also very good

Maybe call RC and see if they will send you an extra set of bushings? I know the price of the lift is appealing but like everything in life you get what you pay for. If they come with zerks, keep those things FULL of clean grease. I had a similar kit and got sick of fixing it. Went with Clayton LA. BTW, their customer service is fabulous like others have said.

Same as every other thread, way more lift than you need for 31's. I run 5.5~6" of lift on 37's. If I only wanted to run 31's I'd just trim the fenders on stock height, buy good skids, bumpers, and rocker protection and go wheel it.

Mine with 4.5" and 33s. Not sure if photo will show or not...

20130105-_MG_7214_zpsf78023d3.jpg

Here is my 3" with 31's because that's where this thread started before it went big and went home.
(holly crap, I used tinypic and it ain't so tiny)

2z7pg2b.jpg

Back