• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does this come out without busting up stuff?

Happytrails

NAXJA Forum User
99437-cubbycupholder.jpg

Thinking of taking out the back seat cupholders on my 2 door 96 Sport. The cubby would make great storage. I can fab a cover and latch it on. Maybe a good place for recovery straps etc. How do these come out? Do they pop out, or do I have to get behind and unscrew something?

Last edited:
They have back seat cup holders?

You are lookin' at 'em! This is a 96 two door Sport. Don't know what range of models or years they came one. But mine has them. I don't us the back seat. In fact, the entire back is set up for cargo hauling with a slide out load floor.

Oh I get it.. you image isn't working here. You actually have be logged on cherokeeforum to see the image. Try a different image host.

However it does look like the top may just pull off. A bit hard to tell if there is a parting line there or if its just a molded in line.

Sorry 'bout that. Came through for me.
Yes, because you were logged in on CF. It worked for me too after I logged in.
Changed the link. Let me know if it works better for you now.
Appears to be working now.

Looks like the top should come off. But don't know if is fastened with something that tears up the rest of it. I just looked real close. The large part seems to be molded as a unit with the side panel. I thought it was separate. I suppose I could cut it out of the side panel. But that is a one way trip I am not sure I want to make yet.

pull the panel and look at it from the back, i believe it's just a couple of plastic clips holding it in. I can't remember if its a big open hole or if the back panel goes all the way down sealing it off though. also I think it may only be the top piece that pops out so you can clean it.

Wow, thanks! That's the info I was hoping someone had. I hate to just start yanking and prying when it is screwed in from the back. So much stuff is just pop together on these cars that when something is actually screwed together it can be a bad surprise to just yank on it.

I bought this set of plastic panel pry tools (or one very much like it, mine has 6 separate tools) at NAPA for $26 to remove the stereo from my wife's car. I was going to return it, but it's proven super useful for any dash or pop out panels. It's the same thing any car audio place uses to separate the dash panels, door panels, etc. They're plastic, but very durable and don't mar the interior panels like a screwdriver or pry bar would.

I don't see how that whole thing goes together...or comes apart and there are no labels for the numbers, whether it screws together or those screws just attach the main panel to the body. I would think some of it pops apart/together. Just go carefully so's not to fuque up the plastic.

Last edited:
Im planning on making a hidden storage in mine. Dont know how Im going to do it yet, but I think I am going to use velcro or magnets. It will be a good place to hide things that you dont want to be seen.

Last edited:
Back