• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear brakes thread fitting on/near brake master cylinder

Big Hank

NAXJA member #435
NAXJA Member
UPDATE - Please feel free to delete this post. Getting my search terms corrected has likely saved the day.

Searched the FAQ and searched every combo of words I could come up with... (update - I'm searching with proportioning valve in my search terms)

Jeep and details:
1998 XJ
No ABS

Job:
Replacing brake line to the rear. The replacement takes place in an inconvenient location based on parts store access. I'd like to start the job with everything I need. Instead of buying $50 worth of odd brake lines and adapters I would like to simply ask if anyone knows the thread sizes.

Problem:
Need to replace the brake line going to the rear brakes.

The fitting about 10 inches below the proportioning valve is not standard 3/16 inverter flare. I would be willing to replace from here back.

The fitting on the proportioning valve is also not standard 3/16 inverted flare. I'd really prefer to replace from there back.

Seeking: Answer to either of the thread sizes where I can break into the system.

Thanks!

ps... I'd google more for thread size but I don't know if someone is going to be throwing out advice for a system with ABS or a different year that may be different....

Last edited:
brakes from the master cylinder to the rear lines. did it earlier this year its kinda a pain. go get it from the dealer 43 bucks. the master cylinder is a bubble flare not inverted. the fittings should be 3/8 x 24. dealership is best option it is flared and prebent for you.

Back