• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the mobile coop version 1.0

REWSTER

BACON!
NAXJA Member
winterfest camping just got a little more comfortable for the Rewster co.

picked up this pop up camper today.

didnt realize how big it actually was till we hooked it to the jeep. it towed pretty good but i may need to throw a swaybar back on it.

Nice

if you are experiencing some 'sway' it is usually a sign of improper balance of the trailer. Check the 'balance' of the trailer and if it needs water or what not in it and try again.

I have had this happen when my trailer load was too much and too much on the tongue.

What size do you guys have?

I told the wife I was gonna lift it she just rolled her eyes. We will be towing this with the flex on non wheeling trips so it probably won't get any sort of lift. I'm gonna look into the drop hitch sometime after WF.
It was a sketchy drive home Because my rear brakes are shit. And I have one bad u joint and both hubs bad. All the parts sitting in the back of the jeep.lol

How much of a drop do you have now? I have a 4"ish drop I could make a deal on.

zery6u5a.jpg

wouldn't 'dropping' it make it worse? Adding more weight? I assumed lifting it may be better :dunno:

All we did to ours was do a spring over on the axle of the camper. Gave us about 4.5"or so of lift. Ours also sat a lot lower to the ground stock then yours does. Can get a picture of it behind Jeep if you want.

Those popups never look that big until you put them behind an XJ.

I brought one to winterfest once.

mac 'waaaaaaaaaay better than a tent' gyvr

Dropping the tounge would transfer the weight forward

Right so he should flip his hitch and bring it up till it is level then do a test drive

Figure out what your weight is on the tires and adjust your tire pressures for the weight. Sometimes a squirrelly trailer is too much pressure.

There's no harm in running too much pressure from a load standpoint, but things wear unevenly and act funny.

when i said throw a sway bar back on it, i meant the jeep. im running no sway bars and warn out steering. :D

im gonna get some more pics later today. the wife wants me to pop it up for her ;)

i also have to dig out the garage door. this thing looks to have been kept indoors there is darn near no rust on the frame. so it will get stored in the garage.

i am new to towing stuff so i will take all the advice you guys are giving.

With our Jeep on 33's I have found that the Jeep does a lot better towing our pop up leading the over drive off. We are only running the front sway bar on the Jeep and it seems to do just fine.

yours looks a lot newer than ours. Look up the website popupportal.com. I am on there and have gotten lots of good ideas on mods and repairs to a pop up.

Nice Rew....

Ram" Ramathon is jealous" Rod

Back