• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relay box with cat 5 cable thing?

sardo_67

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I know it's on here but I forgot the name or how to search for it.

Member made a relay junction box for his light and what not, had a panel in the jeep with cat 5 cable connecting it to the relays under the hood.

Can I get more info on that?

Some refer to it as a fitch box.

I just installed a bussmann fuse/relay box in my heep that I really like.

Del City also carries the parts you would need to put your own together. I've found that they generally have more reasonable minimum quatities than Waytek. I couldn't justify the cost of that Bussman box, but it's definitely a slick setup.

I had the same trouble finding a writeup without dead links/pictures. Here is a similar how-to video, part 1 of 2 for making this kind of box.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMe2xTvyUQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I plan to do this for the fuse and relay part. I have already done the switch box and cat5 to the relays though. In the near future I just plan to install it all in box like what is described in the Fitchbox threads and similar to this video.

Here's what mine looks like for now though...

20131227_124535_zpsupijonc1.jpg

u3a3eta3.jpg

ve2yqa9a.jpg

I bought one of the bussman ones prewired from a guy on ih8mud. It was not even half the price of the guy trying to sell them on JF

Those require work. If you can't search for it, then why would you do your own work?

Back