• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power seat power source

Forceful Llama

NAXJA Forum User
So got a set of power seats to replace my stolen manual ones. Question is before I run power to them, is this the correct power source? Or if not can I tap into it for power? Couldn't find info on what this goes to on google or here.

What year is your jeep and what year did the seats come out of? Do the plugs match? If not use a test light, check for power and hook up the seats. If it is not p/s wiring you might want to add a fuse.

Wow can't believe I forgot rule 1: jeep info.

1992 4.0 ax15. Believe they came out of a 91-96 though. Didn't the brackets change in 97? Plugs do not match but they are not long enough to reach here anyway.

The seats get constant power (98% sure). If you have access to a fsm for 92 check the wiring schematics to find out what the lead in your xj is for. you could find that info online. Check to see if there is power at that plug. Is there one plug or two in your jeep? Maybe there is a small harness that puts it all together. I dont have power seats so maybe someone with power seats will help.

When I'm looking for big power and the seats are on a 30 amp circuit, I go to the BATT plug on the left side of the fuse block. Then put an inline fuse in the wire.

You may have the wiring and the circuit breaker already in there. It is the 30 amp circuit breaker near the bottom of the fuse block. You may want to pull the circuit breaker and check the wire you have and see if it is on the same circuit. It looks like a fairly thick wire.

Yes that is the correct plug for the power seats. Just removed a set and the plug you have pictured is the same size, color wires and location of the connection I unplugged the harness that runs power to the seats.

On my 2001 I also had to install the circuit breaker -- the wires were all there but there was no circuit breaker plugged in. Nothing more than pulling the lid off the fuse panel in the passenger footwell, plugging in the proper circuit breaker, and putting the lid back on. Such a simple and cheap fix!

I realize things may have been vastly different in 1992 though.

Back