• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heated Seats in older XJ

SPVFD47

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to swap out my seats in my 90 XJ. I know there's not alot of options. Just wondering if anyone has seen Heated seats in exported versions. I'm looking to swap in a stock setup.

I know the Limited's came with power leather seats, were any of them heated ?

not that I know of, at least I've never seen a set (but not much use for it here in CA).

ZJ seats go in pretty easy, i could see a ZJ limited having heated seats.

Or, wj seats

Newer limiteds had heated seats as an option. Easier to install a $50 kit from eBay than finding these..

From what I've read if you got anything 95 or older you can only swap in seats from a 95 or older xj without fabrication. 96 XJ's and up you can swap in the newer xj seats or zj or wj seats. I've physically seen the different seats but this is what I've read from googling and forums.

Right now I'm gonna look into find Leather Power Cherokee Country seats in gray and look into adding the heaters to them, I've seen some universal kits. I just have to find a donor country to get the seats and harnesses out of.

look in limiteds also,I'm parting a 91 that has gray leather and power for both sides,guessing shipping would be more than they are worth

Buy some heated seat pads from Amazon. Mine cost me $50 with free shipping for two and they work great. They heat up fast and I often have to turn them down because of how hot they get.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PJ334G/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can pull back the cover of your stock seats and install them that way so it looks stock. I just put them under seat covers I currently have.

They wont be heated unless you install heaters. Put the switches away from the seating so the dont get turned on accidentally. They get pretty hot when its 90 degrees. I would mount them somewhere on the lower dash close to the console. I would wire them using relays and upgraded wires.

Last edited:
Back