• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping electrical

Re: If you are going to take advantage of FREE camping please read this.

IIRC they have 2 110v plugs, but if you are going to try and run 2 heaters plus a blanket on the same circuit it will probably pop the breaker. One of you guys should use the 30amp plug. You can get 30a->15a adapters cheap at Walmart.

ExTankerGuy could make $$ reselling RV plug adapters this year :D

I saw that a few pages back. Should've look while I was spending money at wally world today

If you use one of the 30 amp-15amp adapters doesn't your extension cord need to be able to handle 30 amps

Not if you aren't pulling 30 amps. Rated for the load, not necessarily the plug.

I could be wrong, I'm not an electrician.

Ok correct me if i'm wrong on this but to run the 30-15 amp adapter your extension cord has to be able to handle 30 amps correct?

From what i understand, no. the block(green thing i posted) helps out that

I got this for $5 at the local farm supply store.

CAM55233_6_1000_zps564a2c17.jpg

Already have one of these.

image_16712_zpsc547e7fe.jpg

I'll use two extension cords to run a dual wattage heater, and an electric blanket.

cool, im gonna pick one of them up. got a 15 dollar menards rebate in the mail yesterday. :D

If any of you have it, bring a gfci plug. Anyone in construction should have them.

The wire needs to be rated at the load as already said.

I will see if i can bring out my 30amp splice boxes. Normally i use them off of the generators in disaster zones.

They branch the 30amp into 4 120 outlets.

Does anyone know the voltage on the 30 amp outlets?

I was thinking about bringing my 1982 Delorian time machine and using the Flux Capacitor to power my electric blanket and coffee pot.
The out put of the Flux Capacitor is 2.2 gigawatts, if I run that power into a 480 Volt three phase transformer in the delta configuration will the wild phase be 11,000 amps or will it be 12,863 amps?
I think it is capable of 1,000,000 joules, will the be too much for the Arc Fault breaker or will I have to put a resistor in line?
Another question, should I bond the A phase to the neutral or just let the ground float?

Now we've made it rocket science...

mac 'just a campground' gyvr

Back