• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

max tire size built 78 hp 44/60

LI22limited

NAXJA Forum User
im swapping a set of 8 lug axles into my jeep they are built right with no expenses spared im just wondering what the max tire size is for the front d44 ... ive ran 35s on my dana 30 8.25 combo for years never broken a shaft nor blown a ujoint so i am fairly easy on the gas in situations i shouldn't hammer down heres the specs on the front ...yukon 513s OX locker nitro alloy shafts w spicer 760 u joints all new spicer ball joints and name brand bearings and seals, centric rotors and good pads, Yukon gears, stage 8 locking spindle nuts Reid knuckles warn premium hubs and some outer tube seals full axle truss and c gussets

the rear is a semi float 60 35 spline shafts yukon 513s and a lock right locker

i ran 35s on my stock set up so i think 37s would be un breakable on this set up but a little info from some one with a similar set up would be helpful

Did you buy Adam's axles? I'd say those axles would be safe up to 37's depending on how you wheel them. A heavy/comp 37 on a steel rim would start pushing it IMHO, anything less then that should be fine.

yes im going to pick them up as soon as he tears the truck down the going into my 93 xj just trying to find a decently priced set of tires at the moment .. i run my rig hard as it is .. but i dont like fixing things on the trail so i am easy with the skinny peddle im thinking 37s also

I've run big, heavy, wide 35x14.50x15" pitbull mad dawgs for a couple years on my 44/60 combo. Broke a front long side shaft at the splines. Locked front and rear, went to yukons after the break and no trouble since. Recently went to 37" creepy crawlers, but haven't wheeled it yet.

i have a set of 35/12.5/15 cooper disco stts which i would love to keep great off road and silent on road ... get a set of 8 lug 15 inch rims i found a set of 15x8 with a 2.5in back spacing hoping there going to clear the calipers

It may require a little grinding, but we fit 15" steel rims on my brother in laws dana 60 with 4" bs. Took some serious grinding of the calipers, but it's held up for 2+ years.

My 4" bs cragar soft 8s clear my 77k20 brakes on the 14 bolt and thunderbird calipers on my 44 front. You should be ok with 15s.

im picking up a set of 15x8 steelies with 2.5 in backspacing i think they might fit fine without any modification ... or maby very minimal ... itll be wide but theres nothing wrong with a little more stability

im picking up a set of 15x8 steelies with 2.5 in backspacing i think they might fit fine without any modification ... or maby very minimal ... itll be wide but theres nothing wrong with a little more stability

Only cool people run 2"bs. It doesn't make you roll proof though

ik it dosent make you roll proof ... its better than my xj on stock axles 6.5 on 35s with 5 inch backspacing needless to say ive flopped it a few times since then ive dropped my rig to 4.5 on 35s and its should be a great deal better now with the fullwidth and the wide wheels ...
running the 44/60 set up with 35 12.5 15 cooper stts

Back