• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a pic of a stock 2-door, pre-FL XJ with removed Headliner?

Driver67

NAXJA Forum User
The preowner of my ´95 XJ installed a folding top, now I would like to see how the roof looked like from the inside before the installation. Who does have pic from a pre-FL 2-door XJ with removed Headliner? Please be so kind and post it (or a link) here.

Many thanks,
Markus

What does "pre FL" mean?

The preowner of my ´95 XJ installed a folding top, now I would like to see how the roof looked like from the inside before the installation. Who does have pic from a pre-FL 2-door XJ with removed Headliner? Please be so kind and post it (or a link) here.

Many thanks,
Markus

What do you mean by folding top? Can you post a picture?

Ragtop maybe?

@Warlock1: Sorry, yes, Pre-Facelift

@PhotographerMike: I found some pictures of 4-door-models (which seem to have 2 brackets supporting the roof) and a 2-door-model (but a '99) who had only one bracket. That's why I'm searching for a pic from a 2-door pre-'97 XJ, just to see how many brackets they have and where they are lokated.

@89 Sport:This is how the roof looks like today

P1070653a.JPG

P1070655a.JPG

It's an electric powered roof manufactured in the Netherlands by Webasto.

Markus

Damn, that looks sweet. Looks like it belongs there. Now I'm gonna have to get another XJ because mine has a rack. lol.
I see that yours has clear sidelights. Is that a Euro thing used on export XJ's? I was looking at them on a couple sites last night. I like them better then the amber ones.

Stock XJs in Europe do have yellow cornerlights too, even if the colour is slightly different than the one from US-Version.
There are several offers on ebay or Amazon for white corner lights with international shipping, one of these sellers can be found here: http://www.carparts-online.de (hopefully the english version of his webpage works fine for you, it didn't work for me, maybe because of my local IP-adress).

Markus

I see that yours has clear sidelights. Is that a Euro thing used on export XJ's? I was looking at them on a couple sites last night. I like them better then the amber ones.

They may be stock in Germany but they're sure available here. AFAIK you still need to have amber bulbs, these have LED's

It's a little bit complicated: They're not stock here. XJs which have been officially imported by Chrysler, have the cornerlights deactivated (no cables, no bulps). Instead they do have additional side markers on the front fender. This is why nobody cares about the colour of this plastic part here, it might even painted black or in the colour of the car. But as my XJ has been imported from Canada (2-door models have never been officially imported by Chrysler here), so side markers are necessary to be street legal. They where amber too (same colour as the US version). Replacing them forces me to use amber bulps.

LEDs are a good idea - this will be one of my next mods! :)

Markus

Guten abend Markus,
I hope these help, there are only 2 braces on my 87 XJ. I can take measurements for location if you'd like.

IMG_5697_zpsfc6d83ce.jpg

IMG_5692_zps000aaf37.jpg

IMG_5696_zps2ddaeccd.jpg

IMG_5693_zps0ebcba6f.jpg

Back