• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear ABS dana 35 swap

blue gecko

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I have a dana 35 with ABS, I don't want to take out the ABS, and I can't seem to find any kits or info on what to swap in. Or is there an axle insert kit that would work, so I could keep the 35? I thought about swapping an 05 liberty axle into it as it has the same bolt pattern, and disk abs brakes. I would just have to fab it to hold leaf springs. I need some advice!

Problem with the Liberty axle is the tone ring is inside the differential, not on the axle shafts like the Dana 35. Might want to look into if you can just re-wire it or not, or what needs to be done to hook it up.

FYI, the JK44 is an ABS-compatible axle and the tone rings are on the shafts. Again don't know if it will hook directly up though.... and its a different bolt pattern....

I swapped the ABS from my Dana 35 to the XJ Dana 44 that I found on my local craiglist. I used the thread created by fyrfytr1717.

Here is a link to that thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=998638

I have been using it for better than two years with no complaints.

Back