• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back with another xj

comancheon33

NAXJA Forum User
Been awhile since I have posted on here, couple months ago I picked up a 98 cherokee 2wd with odd noises while driving on Craigslist. Called the guy and headed over. Really clean cherokee with 216000. Soon as I started it up and started looking it over it was obvious the bell housing bolts were loose or missing cause you could see them moving over. Talked awhile and kicked the tires. He was asking 750 so just asked the bottom dollar hoping to get it for 500. Right away he threw out 400 so handed him the cash and limped it away.

Took it to a friends shop replaced the 3 missing bolts and tightened the last remaining bolt. Been driving the wheels off it, fast forward to the last couple weeks. I found a wrecked 99 on craigslist it rear ended a Lincoln pretty hard. Bad enough to not justify fixing. It still ran and drove on trailer. Handed him the cash hauled it away, sold the interior, motor and interior. Now I have the trans transfer case and hp30 for my 4wd swap. Plus a bunch of other misc parts laying around.
In the next stroke of luck I hated the tires on my cherokee way to aggressive and noisy and on stock wheels. I bought a set of used outlaw 2s but wanted different rubber so that lead into the purchase of a 93 cherokee sport with newer Goodyear silent armors. Plus a load of other parts including more axles and near new rancho shocks. So it was a good buy.

2C3D0D23-A9FF-4AFF-9D24-51538586E98F.jpg
[/URL]

So it is now minus pinstriping and decals on her new shoes. Four wheel drive swap is next with a budget boost. Should make a nice clean driver for now.

Back