• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which format CD do I need?

alex22

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't had any luck burning a CD for my 01 with a stock radio in it that will actually read and play in the Jeep. Does it need a certain format or writing program?

-Alex

Make sure the disc is "finalized". Usually a check box in the burning software. That's all I have for suggestions.

Oh yea, the finalize option, that rings a bell from a while back.

I didn't see an option in iTunes or ImgBurn for that, will I need to buy Nero or a similar program?

Most car CD players will not read a rewritable CD. Make sure your CD is the old-fashioned write-once type. I looked on Google, and I don't think I tunes requires that you close a music CD. It should do that automatically.

Most car CD players will not read a rewritable CD. Make sure your CD is the old-fashioned write-once type. I looked on Google, and I don't think I tunes requires that you close a music CD. It should do that automatically.

They were RWs.
I'll pick up a pack of the old ones next time.

Thanks.

Not sure it is just your burnt CDs. My 2001 has trouble reading commercial ones that I bought from the store, too.

Back