• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock auto exhaust manifold

reptile610

NAXJA Forum User
i need to replace my exhaust manifold... looks like rock auto's is almost 100 cheaper than the one at autozone. whats everyone replacing theirs with????

What year?
If 91-99, 1aauto.com has one for 100$.

Different intake manifold. Changed mid(late) during the 1999 year model.

If you buy the stock style exhaust manifold, it wont matter. if you buy a "performance" type header, you will most likely run into fitment issues IF your 99 has the newer style intake manifold. I had this problem and just ended up welding the crack on my original manifold, and now have a nice looking header sitting on my dresser..

some people that had this problem put a dent in the #5 or 6 cylinder primaries and ground down a couple spots on the intake manifold to make the performance header fit. I didn't feel like doing that though.

Some '99s have an expansion joint at the 1 & 6 cylinders. Be careful what you buy. We tried to put an aftermarket exhaust on my 99. Quality control on the flange thickness was bad and that meant the intake, yes, intake, didn't seal. Finally spent $100 more for a Mopar header. After two days of frustration!

Some '99s have an expansion joint at the 1 & 6 cylinders. Be careful what you buy. We tried to put an aftermarket exhaust on my 99. Quality control on the flange thickness was bad and that meant the intake, yes, intake, didn't seal. Finally spent $100 more for a Mopar header. After two days of frustration!

Was that only 99'? My 97' has that on the first and sixth exhaust port.

Back