• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE or RC, need Help, buying it within the next 3 weeks.

USAF007

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gents, so I'm wanting to do some work to the Jeep after taxes, and looking at the 3.5" superflex kit from RE, but have been reading some pretty negative reviews on them lately. Apparently they have gone down hill tremendously the last few years?

Its either the RE superflex or RC 4.5" X-series lift. They are about the same price, RE being a little more.

I have a '00 and want to do 31-32" tires for now

RC has great customer service and good quality for the money. Not top of the line, but that is not what you are buying when buying RC.

RE went through some major reorganization as a company a couple years back. Their product quality was declining and they were sending out self destructive bushings in their kits. Quality was declining bc they were cutting costs in response to financial trouble. Eventually they went out of business and the name RE along with what was left of the business was bought out by another company. I believe it's the same company that owns 4wheelparts. Anyhow I believe their quality is back on track, but their reputation definitely took a huge hit before they were bought out. So when looking at reviews make sure to check out the date as there were definitely some bad years for RE. Any reviews within the past year to 18 months should give you a better picture of their quality now a days.

Both kits are good options. Make sure the kit comes with an adjustable track bar or add that into your costs because you are going to need it to keep your axle centered at 4.5 inches. Might need an SYE and driveshaft also? Also check out Serious Offroad's 4.5 long arm lift. It comes with everything your going to need to have a complete lift besides tires. I have not seen a better put together package deal yet. http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.com/Serious-Offroad/Serious-Suspension/SERIOUS-OFFROAD-PRODUCTS/Serious-Long-Arm-4.5in.-Long-Arm-Suspension-NP231J-T-case. It might seem expensive, but once you add everything together that your prob going to have to buy with the RC or RE lift (SYE, driveshaft, track bar...) it comes out being a good deal.

Also if your on a budget and just want to run 31s. Running a 3 inch lift and 31s is a lot cheaper than running a 4.5 lift bc with 3 inches you will not need and SYE or driveshaft, and the track bar can be solved with a $25 track bar bracket. Just something to keep in mind.

Hopkins, thank you! that kit is actually not bad considering you get EVERYHTING including the Driveshaft. Do you have any experience with their customer service? looks like eveyhting is RE, so would a guy go through RE for issues or serious offroad?

Right now, ive convinced the wife to let me spend some of the tax return money on the jeep. If I need to save up a little longer, im OK with that, as I want to do it right the first time, I plan on actually keeping this rig. I went cheap on my F150, and had nothing but problems, and wore through 35" tires like no ones business, and had to sell it, dont want to do that again.

Seriousoffroad is a great place to order from, he is also pretty active on this forum as well. i plan to get his long arms myself.

Back