• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

People with experience bending uniframe back

Kendellgil

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a jeep that was rear ended, it has a hitch bolted on that caused it to bend the unirails down right where the hitch was mounted. The jeep drives like a dream I just want to bend the unirails back up so the bumper lines up with the body better (about a 2" gap on the passenger side, and 1" on drivers)

I would like to bend it back up then plate over the bent area to ensure it doesn't lose strength in that area from being bent back and forth. I have access to a forklift so my only idea I've come up with is to put a receiver in the hitch and pick up the back of the jeep with the forklift and "Drop" the forks and catch it before the tires touch. Thanks for any help getting this sorted out.

Spend a few hundred dollars, and have a frame shop fix it the right way.

What he said. You can save some $$$ by talking to them ahead of time and seeing how they want the jeep. Ie. bumpers off, etc. Since it's just a pull, they shouldn't rape you. Putting them on a rack to straighten them is nice. Our adult education shop here has a full rack that I've used to get flopped jeeps straightened close enough to wheel. Kevin3151's junk should've been a buggy years ago. :)

Back