• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Auto radiators?

scoobyxj

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone use any of the sub $100 radiators off rock auto? I'm in need of a replacement, and wandering if they are worth anything....

Yeah that was the one I was leaning towards. I think I'll pull the trigger. Not sure what is in it now (not oem), but I was happy with it. Sucks Bambie took it out....

spectre and silla are cheapo chinese brands but from my personal experience they have been of great quality for the price. i've installed 15 of them in the past 3 years and haven't had a problem with a single one. my only gripe has been they don't usually come with the correct fittings for the trans cooler for some reason and getting the old ones out of the old radiator is a pain in the ass.

don't forget the stock radiator is aluminum, recycle that bad boy for beer money! :cheers:

I would just go to your local carquest/napa. Rad should be about same price. Some places even price match.

spectre and silla are cheapo chinese brands but from my personal experience they have been of great quality for the price. i've installed 15 of them in the past 3 years and haven't had a problem with a single one. my only gripe has been they don't usually come with the correct fittings for the trans cooler for some reason and getting the old ones out of the old radiator is a pain in the ass.

don't forget the stock radiator is aluminum, recycle that bad boy for beer money! :cheers:

**** silla radiators.... I know they are close to you in gardena. But they are SHIT. Ive had first hand knowledge of probably 5... at least 3 of them came with bent filler necks that had to be returned for a new one...

THEN, they get plugged up real quick, then overheat.

**** silla radiators.... **** them in their bent filler holes. Never again! I just dropped over $320 on a new proper radiator, couldnt be happier. You get what you pay for (unless you got ripped off)

AutoZone has a cheaper radiator and with it a warranty that you return it to any store and get a new one if needed.

Mine came with the cooler fittings... just make sure the o-rings are in before you hook them up. I forgot my lower one and had to redo it. Not a huge deal though.

Back