• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sealant for home made fender wells?

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm making my own fender wells currently just stitch welding in. I was wondering what I should use to fill the seem. Specifically between stock inner body and the wells since there's a million little bends and it's super thin.

If there's nothing good I'll mig them in later but I'm using FCAW and getting a bead going on the lowest setting risks blowing through.

I used paintable seam sealer in a caulking tube from napa. Forget the part number but its a white tube with green writing. works slick, and dries in minutes. Then I coated the underneath with Flex Seal, also a great product.

It looks like Napa doesn't carry it in my store.
I'm going to try Loctite S30 roof/flashing sealer. It's flexible and designed for metal. It's polyurethane which I read to use elsewhere.

Unless someone thinks that's a bad idea :)

I'm making my own fender wells currently just stitch welding in. I was wondering what I should use to fill the seem. Specifically between stock inner body and the wells since there's a million little bends and it's super thin.

If there's nothing good I'll mig them in later but I'm using FCAW and getting a bead going on the lowest setting risks blowing through.

I'm in the middle of the same thing, I am using Eastwood brush on seam sealer. Really thick, but brush able. Which is nice

Lets see pics of these wheel wells

It looks like Napa doesn't carry it in my store.
I'm going to try Loctite S30 roof/flashing sealer. It's flexible and designed for metal. It's polyurethane which I read to use elsewhere.

Unless someone thinks that's a bad idea :)

I used PL S30 poly sealer to seal the perimeter of my unibody stiffener plates. Just let it cure for several days before painting and you should be good to go.

I used PL S30 poly sealer to seal the perimeter of my unibody stiffener plates. Just let it cure for several days before painting and you should be good to go.

Awesome thanks,
The parts I sealed a couple weeks ago look great, was still unsure if it would endure so I definitely appreciate the input.

Back