• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removed Head Liner/Board

bigblueishness

NAXJA Forum User
I removed my head liner/board and now I have a sound bar bouncing around every time I hit a pot hole.

Has anyone found a cool way to mount the rear speakers so they dont bounce after head board removal?

2000 xj

You could try installing a sound bar from an earlier model xj - 1992-96, which has the speakers enclosed.:listenmus
I'm assuming you have 'cut' the speakers out of your 2000xj headboard

the speakers are not enclosed, the back will still be open and they will be worthless because there is no air pressure buildup to let them produce good sound.

OP, unless you build something to block off the back sides of the speakers it's pointless to have the sound bar in there anyway. as far as keeping it from bouncing around you could try some layers of foam tape where it contacts the side trim, or you could drill a couple of holes on each side in the trim and run some screws through it into the sound bar.

does it get hot in the summer where you live? if so you are going to regret completely removing the headliner that roof becomes an oven, when i pulled the headliner out of my 95 my roof radiated so much heat it would make the top of my shaved head sweat any time it got over 70 outside.

No the speakers are not cut out I just removed the head liner board.

I think I will take some foam/screws/bracket and find some way to tighten it down. I have had the headboard out for about two years now, have not noticed much of a change in the heat of the interior. Its always hot since the A/C has never worked.

Back