• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How far should the LCA joint be below the Dana 30 tube?

Orson_Yancey

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I have a stock 1988 Cherokee, with a Dana 30 Central Axle Disconnect.
I am replacing my rusted away OEM driver's side LCA axle mount with a 1/4" thickness bracket from Clayton Off-Road Manufacturing. Part of my coil spring cup is rusted away (A future project), hence it can not be used as an accurate reference point for a vertical measurement. The new bracket can be rotated somewhat up and down around the axle tube. I am trying to establish an accurate vertical measurement. I want to verify that the OEM distance of the LCA joint, that is the center of the M14 or 9/16" bolt, is 1.25" below the bottom surface of the Dana 30 axle tube.

Can some of you please verify or deny this? I want to get this put on as near to OEM as possible so that I can easily hook the LCA back and maintain the correct suspension geometries. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this my first suspension work. Thanks in-advance.

Back