• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Console shift bezel lighting

ob1jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
'99 Cherokee Sport, 4.0L, AW4, NV-242.

Just bought this vehicle, and am fixing the minor issues it came with, as I find them. Console rear mounting bracket was broken, and I have new part installed.

However, when removing the console, I discovered both the bezel indicator lamps were missing and the wiring for them laying loosely in the general area of the shifters (trans & t-case).

Have replaced the bulbs and they work fine, but can't seem to figure out where the lamps are supposed to be mounted.

Anyone know or have pics of where the lamps are supposed to be mounted?

TIA…

There should be holes for them to pop into. If you search for those threads where people detail how to convert everything to LEDs they might have some pics of it.

Thanx for the reply… Just figured out the problem… Both bezels are missing the plastic lighting shield housings that the lamps are supposed to be mounted into…:twak: Replacements ordered… ;)

Back