• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open differential 8.8 question

Motoxic2

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 8.8 axle i was told is limited slip but after further inspection i noticed there is no clutch plates/disks/packs whatever you wanna call them anywhere behind any spider gears so i am thinking that this is an open diff 8.8 which i am actually hoping, can anyone give me more insight on this before i buy an aussie locker for it? it looks exactly like the one in this link

http://www.rockmodified.com/Tech/aussie/IMG_2696.jpg

You want the open diff anyways. The LSD 8.8 is fine for road use but useless on the trails.

My buddies XJ ran an 8.8 LSD for about 3 months before he figured out that it doesn't do anything over obstacles. He then got an open carrier, put in an Aussie, and climbs like a raccoon now.

mine does have the s clip tho thats what threw me off, sorry i didnt pic an image showing the clip. id like to get an aussie since i already put one in the front and like it

& im farmiliar with those powertrax but your right they are $$$ i was exploring all my options incase in some odd case it is lsd i could still lock it, its just a trail rig so i dont wanna spend a ton on it

If just a trail rig put a spool in it they are cheap.

Back