• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Me Cherokee. Questions.

saybye

NAXJA Forum User
Picked this little gem up yesterday. 93 2 door auto with 185k on the clock.

The headlight switch is out, got it removed last night. The kid that I bought it from had tried to get the switch out not knowing what he was doing and broke the lip thats on the dash which holds the switch in place.

Has anyone ran into this? How did you fix it? Looks like the whole entire piece has to replaced and the entire dash has to come apart.

Those plugs look better than the ones we pulled out of the 84 vette my dad got last winter, they were the factory plugs and completely clogged with buildup, we couldn't believe the car even ran and drove. Wish i had taken pics.
Good luck with the new heep!

Note from DJ
This information may help
91 XJ headlight switch bezel question
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1090772
OP by Green Mesa XJ
My wife came home last night with a problem with the headlight switch on our 1991 XJ 4.0 automatic.

The headlights wouldn't turn off; it turned out the bezel where the switch is held to the dash broke apart with the switch last night. I though the plastic was brittle this morning I think the switch melted the plastic. When I touched the switch last night it wasn't too hot (and she never noticed a burning smell), its one every now and again she drives at night so I don't know how long this problem has been building up.

Is there a way to fix the bezel? I know I need to pull the switch and checking the wiring & plug, but the bezel has me stumped, on my 1985XJ it looks like the bezel is almost a part of the dash.

Possible fix for dash is find a chunk of plastic and use either ca glue or epoxy to glue it on and use a dremel to make the opening.

I thought about dremeling out the plastic on mine and going to a junk yard and dremeling out a good one and epoxying the hell out of it... that's prolly gonna be the way to go.

doing plugs, wires and TB cleaning tonight. That should make a world of difference. It does burn a little oil, just how much Im not sure yet. Doesn't leak any though.

Plans are to throw a 2" lift on it with some 31's and fab a winch plate and put a winch on the front with stock bumper. Unless I can find a winch bumper for a smoking deal.

Only doing 31's on this one to use it to hunt with and use on the farm. Ive got this one for my wild nights...

Back