• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scouting trip 1/12/14

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ok bare with me as I am not the right guy for these types of posts lmao
Sunday I headed out to the arco in Strayton to meet up with bronzewerm and mopar440 to do a little scouting/easy riding over in the Detroit area.
pysasane.jpg

syne7yny.jpg

We Headed out on hwy 22 towards Niagra Heights Road, A little past gates.
We Stopped at a rest area before gates.for the dogs and such before we started trekking
pu5ypuja.jpg

We had stopped at niagra height roads to air down, and mopar440 had a minor issue with one of his valve cores not sealing so bronze gave him one while I let him use my compressor to air back up a bit. Told mopar how he got to use my compressor before I did lol
Drove for a bit till we got to a gravel pit
uqana3a2.jpg

emyhu3u3.jpg

Hard to see but this was a good 50'-60' steep wall, would have been great for sledding down lol
ymasu5un.jpg

From what mopar said, there was a road(can barely see the outline) that went around. But had the steep and slushy the hill was, we weren't going to be able to climb it.
Didnt get any pics but I managed to slide my ass over the edge of the road as we were climbing higher. I'm pretty sure the tree next to my jeep was what had kept me from sliding farther down..... Lol bronze had backed up and hooked me with a strap to pull me, it's nice having tow hooks lol I'm thankful for him for letting me know how to proceed with the maneuver since with him pulling, the thought that I could pull him down with me if I did the wrong thing hasn't even occurred to me. You have made me wiser..
After a few hours we headed back down, stopped at a few places that mopar told us stories about(he's got some good ones lol)
Decided since it was still early that we would head farther up to Detroit to check out another ohv park(can't remember the name) turned out on to hwy 22 and started heading out, instantly I knew something felt weird(I've driven on the road before on 10psi) but this felt worse so I pulled over and checked my tires, mopar swung back and came to see what was up. Found out I was only riding on 2psi!!! Lol so I air led up a bit and we head up meeting back up with bronze. Drove by the d and what a sight it is to see how low the water was!!!! Had to be 100'-150' down from the typical level.
We reached the ohv park and looked around and read the papers and signs. Looked like all the trails could be driven with any vehicle but as we soon found out these "all vehicle trails" ended up being more atv sized lol we started driving the main gravel road to check ou the first shelter
7yqade9u.jpg

adepe2ug.jpg

Started getting deep and for how straight, snowy, and tall trees.. I swore I kept thinking back to the movie "dream catcher" from Steven king lol
utu2y5uj.jpg

ezy3y5uz.jpg

ma3asavu.jpg

a2aza2a2.jpg

Got to a section that basically only bronze could have made it through and with it being already 4pm, we decided to turn back. Stopped at a intersection to "give back to nature" lol
a5ysuryj.jpg

With our bladders empty we headed back to the staging area to air up. I am glad I got myself a air compressor because between the three of us , bronze was the only other one with a compressor so that would have sucked lol by the time I was filling my tires and mopar using bronzes, mopar remembered he had got a road side assistant bag that... Low and behold.. Had a compressor to air tires lol so after that we said our good byes and headed home.

Back