• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another newbie

xjayhawk

NAXJA Forum User
Although i'm not a newbie to xj's, I am a newbie to forums. I've found a lot of the threads on NAXJA super helpful, so, thanks to everyone. I'm glad to have joined finally.

I have a 93 xj (two door) I don't know if there's a special designation for that specific body style or not. As of now, everything is stock, if I can keep it running. I bought it in college back in '05 for 700 bucks, and has been my daily driver except for a year i took a vacation to Iraq. I just turned a quarter million miles. I bought a junkyard engine to keep me going while I rebuilt my original one. the swap went pretty smooth, except burping the cooling system was kind of a pain. after 1000 miles I got the most violent shudder imaginable that correlates to my RPM's the guy at the parts store said it was the torque converter, so i'm dropping the tranny.

I've gotta get her going right so I can lift her and drive her another 250k. anybody in the KC area with a decent sized bone pile?

rock chalk

I'd check the torque converter bolts before I dropped the tranny. Torque converter failure is pretty rare.

Back