• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holler Pass Snow Run 1/11/14

hards91xj

NAXJA Member #790
NO Pics ---A friend in a wrangler and I went looking for snow and to test out his 33x10.5 BFG MT`s ,They worked great ,He was breaking trail for a change instead of me . FS road 75 off hwy 410 climbs fast for awhile then we hit snow alittle slick under the fresh , easy going ,the fog and blowing snow played with our site seeing , but we did make it to the pass then onto Lonesome Lake ,the snow got deeper for the last 1.5 miles ,deep enough to push with the front end and bumpers . I don`t think it was over 2feet deep .it was blowing and snowing so we looked at the new covered pick nick building with sings NO FIRES ,we went back to Holler Pass area and played till I had to put a tire back on the rim then had lunch ,followed some more snowed covered roads . It was a shorter day than usual but was a good get away.
I lost the tire by helper error,:twak: when he put the valve cap back on after lowering the pressure , some crap was in the cap and pushed on the valve stem causing the loss of air . A Great Day anyway.:laugh3:

Not even ONE cell phone pic??!?!
c'mon!

Back