• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no start after motor swap

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
I've been working on a new 94xj. I swapped my stroker motor from my 89xj into it. My 89 was a 5spd and the 94 is an auto. I swapped the auto flywheel in of course used the cps that was working before the swap. As far as I can tell all the connections are connected. I also used the distributor from the 94. Today I finally got all the loose ends tied up and tried to start. It would crank away but no spark.

When I pulled the motor did not mark the flywheel and torque converter so I'm not 100% sure if its in the right location. What am I missing?

Parakeet

check the ground at the firewall? I did that once on a swap. took me a long time to figure it out.

Found it a couple ground wires were buried under the harness on the pass side. I have spark and fuel. Thanks for the help guys. Figured it was something simple but I tend to over think somethings

Back