• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Lightbar vs. Headlights w/ Pics

XJLI

NAXJA Forum User
i apologize if this doesnt fit the mod tech forum criteria, but i wasnt sure where else it would. i mounted up a 42" lightbar my girlfriend bought me for christmas, and i took a few pics to compare it to my other lights.

here is a quick picture of the setup..
C7EEMGx.jpg

specs:

headlamps are Hella DOT H4 housings with Osram Rallye 70/65 +50 bulbs and the ching chong china upgraded wiring harness

fogs are Hella Micro DE 55w

LED bar is an Olympus Off Road 42" single row pro series bar with the combo beam.

All pictures taken with a Canon 7D, 18-135 kit lens, f/3.5, 1/6 shutter, ISO 2500

low beams only
DkA5zvA.jpg

fogs only
d3htfct.jpg

low beams and fogs
lp4AgIC.jpg

high beams only
zEZdn2K.jpg

highs and fogs
1YSSSNj.jpg

LED bar only
ZjjHhAF.jpg

all on
wIa8keV.jpg

Nice. I have 2 pairs of Rigid dually and the difference with with standard headldights is huge. Besides my scangauge shows also differences in the volts each use.

The bar in the roof reflex too much in the hood?

I want put also an olympus. Rigid are great but too expensive in that size

on my jeep i mounted the 52in bar i have over the b pillar so that the roof would block light from the hood. works well however the light reflects in the side view mirrors some and the radio antenna which is somewhat distracting. i still have to mess with the mounting location on mine some once it's up and running again. LED bars are the way to go though.

Those look great, kinda want some for my XJ and 200, is there a way to make those usable on the street without accidentally blinding people?

Something this size? Absolutely not. It's way too ****ing bright to run with other cars around. A smaller one probably, I don't have experience with duallys or anything similar.

I would think that making a full length plate that extends out enough so that the light cuts off right in front of the hood work well.

I would think that making a full length plate that extends out enough so that the light cuts off right in front of the hood work well.

The vehicles of the Camel trophy had the hood painted with black mate to reduce the bright.

I have dually at the bumper (fog and spot pairs). If I turn on in the street people yell me things (what I Can't listen due to the engine and stereo. :scottm:)

Something this size? Absolutely not. It's way too ****ing bright to run with other cars around. A smaller one probably, I don't have experience with duallys or anything similar.

I was thinking mount some of the shorter ones under the Jeep's and in the 200's bumpers, preferably under the front plates then aim them slightly downward in the hopes of not blinding people.

I was thinking mount some of the shorter ones under the Jeep's and in the 200's bumpers, preferably under the front plates then aim them slightly downward in the hopes of not blinding people.

Even if you're not looking at it directly this thing burns my retinas. But it is over 22,000 lumens... Something that is less than 1000 would be easier on the eyes I presume.

Those look great, kinda want some for my XJ and 200, is there a way to make those usable on the street without accidentally blinding people?
Light bar on the street? NO! It wold be worse than those asshats with HIDs in a Halogen housing.

Don't they have street lights in America? lol
Seriously, that would be like trying to kill a fruitfly with an air-to-air missile.

For some of the roads I travel, little to none when it comes to streetlights. What's worse is that those roads are usually the kind where there is a good amount of animals roaming around and crossing the roads, stupid people walking with the flow of traffic at night in dark clothing, or equally stupid people doing the same stuff, but on a bicycle............usually in inclimate weather. Had a near miss with a pedestrian in all black on a dark, shoulder-, curb-,and sidewalk-less stretch of 4 lane in my XJ a couple weeks back, didn't see him until I had just started to passing him:scared:

Looks real good. Those led light bars are badass.

For some of the roads I travel, little to none when it comes to streetlights. What's worse is that those roads are usually the kind where there is a good amount of animals roaming around and crossing the roads, stupid people walking with the flow of traffic at night in dark clothing, or equally stupid people doing the same stuff, but on a bicycle............usually in inclimate weather. Had a near miss with a pedestrian in all black on a dark, shoulder-, curb-,and sidewalk-less stretch of 4 lane in my XJ a couple weeks back, didn't see him until I had just started to passing him:scared:

I don't see why you can't do an HID upgrade on your 200 instead.
I will admit that-that LED light bar is very nice, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Back