• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless entry question

mikeswrangler

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but couldn't find anything. I know on a zj if you have keyless entry in one vehicle and swap the BCM your remote is programmed to that and you can swap it right into another.

I have an 01 xj and a 01 parts xj. I don't have the remote for the keyless entry for my daily driver but my parts xj has a working remote. I was wondering if I swap the BCM over from the parts xj if that's where the keyless entry is stored.

I know I can just have the remote programmed over but just trying to save the money. Thanks

No BCM in an XJ, however, 1997-2001 key-less entry has a small green circuit board module in the dome lamp or the optional Overhead Console that can be swapped between vehicles.

Otherwise new/used/replacement key-less remotes must be reprogrammed at the Dealership using the DRB-III Scan Tool.

Back