• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Grab Handles?????

OK, my wife has finally complained about my XJ habit, but it's not what you might think. At 5ft nothing, she is finally getting a little annoyed with climbing in and out of my heap. All she is really asking for are some additional grab handles. The passenger side one on the roof doesn't help her much, she is asking for one on the A pillar/windshield and a matching set for the drivers side. Tube steps would be a waste of money as I plan on adding rocker guards with a step built in at a later point in time, I just cant justify the funds right now. How to tie them in? What product are you using? How does it look? Any suggestions? I do better with pictures and links.

PLEASE, help me keep my vertically challenged XJ spouse happy!!!!

96, D30/8.25, AW4, NP231, RC 3" lift, 31s on 15" Crager Soft 8s...soon to be 33s with 4.?? gears

what about a stirrup attached to the seat floor bracket? i knew a girl below 5' and she had a huge TJ. she took the end of an old tow strap with a large eye loop on the end and bolted it between the seat bracket and the floor. she would tuck it up under the seat till she needed it and then would hang it down as a foot loop to climb up, then flip it back in.

I can't seem to find it at the moment but I've seen folks make handles out of para-cord, run some heavier screws into the a-pillar and use it for a grab handle.

I've also seen an OEM grab handle used on the a-pillars.

You'd have to cut 2 rectangular holes in the a-pillar trim, drill 2 holes for the locating pins and 2 holes for the bolts. I would think that a nut-sert would work well for the bolts.

If you have an Instagram look up Paracord nation they make really nice grab handles for all jeeps. They may have a website but I'm not sure

i had the same problem with my wife,so i just went to the scrap yard and got a stock set of grab handles from another 98 xj cut some holes in the plastic in the a pillar and screwed the stock handles in,dosent look to horriable i will see if i can get some pics later and post em.

I'd like to see some factory handles retrofitted on the a -pillars.

I had some extra grab handles so I mounted them on the pillars in my 89. They look OK. But in order to be used to pull yourself into the Jeep they (pillars) have to be drilled and tapped in order to be strong enough to hold the weight of a person. Sorry I dont have pics. because my XJ interioris not assembled.

I make paracord items, I could probably make some up for you to mount.

Back