• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender crunch!

Draven1474

NAXJA Forum User

should i go threw my insurance (500.00$ deductible) or have a body shop paint the head light bezel, fender, and header panel. and source the parts myself? there dose not appear to have any structural damage done.

I had similar damage to mine last year. New header panel, headlight bezel, maker lights, bumper and bumper end cap I bought new for under $300. I got junkyard fender and flair and painted it to match. I had under $500 in the whole job.

Well I work at a shop and can tell you there always seems to be more then what eye can see I wouldn't be surprised if the wiper fluid resivor was crushed a little. Besides do you really want some shoddy looking paint job if your ocd like me it would drive you nuts.

Well I work at a shop and can tell you there always seems to be more then what eye can see I wouldn't be surprised if the wiper fluid resivor was crushed a little. Besides do you really want some shoddy looking paint job if your ocd like me it would drive you nuts.

that's what I'm scared of and yes i am a little ocd, that's why i would have a shop paint the panels. The fender was original painted very poorly by a shop and bondo'd and it drove me nuts. So your recommending i go threw my insurance and take it to a shop? My insurance guarantees the work that will be done but i have no idea how credible this place will be!

No insurance company can specifically make you go to any one shop even if they have a direct repair program with them but when they have that they generally work better together. Who do you have for insurance? 500 bucks is allot cheaper to pay then say you get into this and realize the front apron is actually bent which then the fender won't fit right or the radiator got tweaked. Really it's your call but there's so much cost in even the nuts bolts clips and materials you don't see. If you want it done right take it to a shop you trust and use your insurance thats why you pay that monthly premium ;) any other questions shoot. I'm curious do you have like st farm or progressive?

If you go thru insurance for a little paint.... you deserve the hike in rates thats coming your way.

Most of us wouldnt even fix that, and most of those that would, would fix it themselves....

Maybe ask on jeepforum?

If it was my old Comanche i wouldn't fix it, I'd slap a new turn signal on it and run it. but this is my baby and has too much sentimental value to be driving it around like that. I will be going threw my insurance and i can go were ever i want in terms of auto-body but this place is guaranteed by my insurance that the repair will be very good and last the lifetime of the vehicle. My insurance is met-life by the way

Back