• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can this be a 98??

It's definitely a 95 or a 96 with the airbag on the steering wheel and the old body style. I thought that the 96 had a passenger airbag but I am probably wrong with that.

As I recall, there were no passenger side airbags on the 96, so it would be virtually impossible to say whether this one is a 95 or 96, but it's 100 percent sure to be one of those two. If there were a picture of the engine bay or underside, you might be able to tell, because the 96 got some of the engine wiring changes of later models, and a different looking ECU.

I presume that the ad means the 4x4 is taken off, not taking, off, and I'd sure be giving this one a miss unless you got up good and close to it and found it better than it looks. It's had a hard life.

Yep...

Still looking. There are a bunch of XJ's around here and I'm still searching for another XJ since my son has taken over the 90 Laredo. I have a couple other drivers...MJ is snow ready now. So this one is def a no go.

Back